How can you show your love for Hartford on Valentine’s Day, and all week long? Here’s far more than five ways:
- February 10 is the second Saturday of the month, and that means free admission to theWadsworth from 10 am to 1 pm. Don’t you just love art?
- Join the Hartford Hot Several, Anne Cubberly’s puppets and more on Main Street to celebrate Hartford Mardi Gras!
- Write a love letter at the iQuilt Innovation Center. Stop by 24 Central Row on Tuesday or Wednesday from 9:30 am to 2:30 pm and write a special letter with supplies from Hartford Prints! Then, head on over to Hartford Prints on Pratt Street and see what they have in store for your sweetheart, or your sister.
- Take a phone-free walk and look at our beautiful city. Yes, you can do it. No selfies. No texting. No emails. No nothing. Just walk and enjoy, and maybe even talk to people.
Fun & Fit:
- Take a yoga class at Hartford Sweat.
- Check out WIP on Pratt Street with your special someone, and get in a good workout, together.
- Rowing is good for your heart and your sweetheart, so sign up for one of Riverfront Recapture’s intro to indoor rowing classes on 2/17.
- This one is kind of a break-even, but we love it — head to the Polish National Home, have some delicious potato pancakes, and then burn off the calories during their dance lessons.
- Take a walk, anywhere. One of our core tenets is walkability, and how connected our cultural assets really are. Get those feet on the street.
Give Back, Be an Advocate
- “Love Shouldn’t Hurt” Come join Interval House’s Men Make a Difference Men Against Domestic Violence at the Legislative Office Building, Room 1C for a press conference to bring awareness to his important initiative.
- Go to the Hartford City Council Meeting on February 13 (public comment 6 pm, meeting at 7) and meet others who truly love our city.
- Attend the City of Hartford’s Bike Plan Meeting! This is a public meeting and we encourage people to attend. Hartford has been designated as a bronze level bike-friendly city, and hopefully, we can help get to silver by participating in the planningprocess. This meeting will be held at 260 Constitution Plaza, enter on the plaza level, right in front of the iQuilt bike rack.
- Easy one….volunteer. Take your love for one another to a different level and help out. Check out a local non-profit or just do something that helps your community or people in your community.